Another SXM holiday - this island sure does know how to party.

Morning was breakfast in our suite and then some serious pool time. At one o’clock SXM time, DH’s built in tradesman alarm went off and he was ready to eat lunch. We decided, in our infinite lack of wisdom, to drive down to Taco Macho for lunch and good thing we drove. We pulled out of BSV’s security gate to see cars galore and at least one large bus at El Zafiro and it dawned on us this plan might have been a tactical error. We got to the entrance to Alegria (or whatever the current name is.....) and there were wall to wall cars and people and no way to turn in so we tried to come up with a plan B. The road past Maho Beach was a zoo - cars, taxis and people everywhere and a huge tour bus trying to get through, too. All of that caused us to rule out the Boat Bar or Tortuga so we headed off towards Mullet thinking we might get something to go from Rosie but once we saw the cars parked all the way out from the beach to the main road we said the helmidit and headed up towards Jordan Village. Once again we decided on a lite lunch at the Spaghetti House. John had the grilled shrimp Caesar Salad and I had the beef carpaccio plate, both of which were yummy. In talking to Katarina she mentioned that Enzo was in the kitchen working and after a few minutes he came out to chat. I think we spent the better part of an hour reminiscing of the island we once knew.

Daughter Kim and a friend arrived on the afternoon JB flight from JFK but only for four nights. We did dinner with them and several other island friends. We had never been to Isola and I have to say, it was excellent as was all the company. They tried to get us into the Red Piano but we had another destination in mind. Back to BSV and an annual in-house Christmas party, thrown by one of the regular guests here, for some intros and quick hellos and then home to bed since Tuesday we’re off to Anse Marcel for the day.

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."