Originally Posted by bran
Yes, its all changing I'm afraid and am staggered at those that simply do not believe in global warming. Like others, tend to prefer the pool these days but still like a great beach to walk on occasionally. In all the years we have been coming to SXM though, actually spent more time on the beaches in St. Thomas and Anguilla than St. Martin. What I did notice last year and even worse this year in Anguilla was how difficult it was to walk on Meads Bay. Normally as flat and calm as a pancake. The water wasn't too rough whilst we we there but was told it had been. The sand dunes made it difficult to get up the beach to our place we were staying and trying to walk adjacent to the water was also difficult as it sloped at an angle with a big drop off into the sea. Never seen this before. Stay always at Terres Basses so have the beaches of Long Bay and Plum Bay 2 minutes away if we want to do a beachy, rocky in many parts but for no crowds, hardly anyone there. Had breakfast next to BSV in June and although somewhat windy it was a nice walk there indeed but the barman told me that the day before it was just far too rough and unpleasant, so yes, constantly changing. Back in a few weeks and will spend also a couple of days on Shoal Bay East where from what I saw last time, very little change on the beach in that area and still one of the finest I have ever seen.

So what was it like 100, 1000, or 10,000 years ago?