Finding an apartment in Paris is quite easy, but quite exhausting. There are thousands to choose from. Go to your web browser and type in "Apartment Rentals - Paris" or whatever city you want to visit. You will be linked to hundreds of apartment opportunities in any location and at varying prices. A lot of the findings are through networking. I am a graduate of the University of So. California. I contacted their alumni association and was linked into people who legitimately rented apartments all over the world. Paris also has a USC alumni club where I corresponded with several graduates.

Ultimately, I was networked into a real estate agent 15 miles from my house who put me in touch with my selected landlord. It was a 4th floor walk-up on the Left Bank on the busy Rue de la Harpe, adjacent to or near St. Germain des Pres & Boulevard St. Michel. Our one week's rental costs $1250 plus a 75 Euro cleaning fee. This is about the price we were willing to pay had we chosen to stay in a hotel. The presences of a clothes washer was an added incentive that allowed us to take less clothes than we would have otherwise. Also, our living room sofa turned into a very comfortable futon bed for our guest from England.

As long as you do not mind the walk-up, we enthusiastically recommend this apartment.