Nothing against you Rural, you were right in posting this. But sometimes less is more when people write stuff that causes thousands to cancel and possibly undeservedly so. However, regardless of the recent problems and mostly staying on the French side with about 6 trips after Irma alone, Marigot and GC has been greatly impacted with not much help that I can see from their Government. I always marvel at the unbelievable potential by the Ferry in Marigot and then see those awful stand alone huts by the market that are not being used and think what a waste. Who the hell is in charge here?
I used to be in my working life a basic trouble shooter and called in to sort failing situations out and try and turn it around.
Oh how in an earlier lifetime I would love to have the job of sorting the problems out and then again, politics, (possible.. alleged) money disappearing, “not what it appears to be” scenario to the common man or woman might be more of a headache and a long term process. But damn it, I feel for these people, the ones that work hard for a living and they should be rewarded with a steely determination and at all costs to promote tourism, harmony, peace and prosperity. I can assure you that this will never happen in St. Barth’s.