We like to stay in the Orient Beach area on the french side for a number of reasons, but primarily having our favorite beach right there and the number of restaurants that are now open or opening in this area is on the rise. Palm Court has re-opened (about one block away from Bikini Beach) and it sounds better than ever. I'll have a full report on here after we get back from staying there in March, but that won't help you too much now. Their prices are fairly reasonable (but not great) for March, so you might want to check out AirBnB's in the same area to see how they stack-up value-wise. Palm Court will of course provide daily maid service and a breakfast. I don't really know if they would have a room for all six of you; you may need two rooms (the three older kids and the mother-in-law in one room and you guys in the other!). At the present time the blockades appear to have gone away, but I'm monitoring this carefully to see if civil unrest arises in February. Palm Court does not require an advance deposit, so you can cancel if necessary and find something on the dutch side of things erupt before you leave. You can check Palm Court out at the St. Martin Reservation Center at (800) 480-8555. That number is there reservation center number in Arizona. Hope this helps.