I think your review is fair, and I get what you are saying. I as most know am a big supporter of The Palms and is on a short list of places that I will go back to several times over our normal three week trip. I have enjoyed meals at lots of the top end places on SXM on both sides of the island and I still enjoy a stop at Spiga, Bistrot Caraibes, Le Moulin Fou (who has an excellent steak) and others. But what I enjoy most is the personal relationships we build over the years with people like Lal, Greg and Jo, Bruno, Dany, and many others including some that have since left the island following Irma. We are loyal to them, and we know that not one of them always has their best day, but over time we know we can count on good food and being taken care of and that relationship growing. That to me is what SXM is about, that is what draws me back each year, the people are the key including our visiting island friends we have added to our lives.

This is what makes The Palms one of our favorites on island, and it has given us incredible memories along with some pretty good food and drinks. The cash deal, we know it going in and while we might prefer to also pay with a card it just isn't a big deal to me and we just make sure we bring enough cash to the island to enjoy places like The Palms and Lal's.

As for the steak that was mentioned, I had the steak and shrimp twice on the last trip. The second one was very good, and I would have that again and again as it was competitive with about any steak I have ever had. The first one however was off the charts fantastic, it would have been pretty difficult to repeat something that good. The lasagna is also very good as long as you get there before a famous Lasagna Aficionado from NY that has been known to end up with the last piece! The creative and quality cocktails are also a draw for us and sometimes we just stop there for a cocktail before or after dinner elsewhere.

Sure missing The Palms and the island now, here in the PNW where our high temp will be in the mid 30's.

Cheers!

I prefer the Isle seat