To my knowledge, cemetery beach/reef is considered best off beach snorkeling - but unless things have changed fairly recently there are no amenities of any kind there. The best snorkeling at cemetery involves a fair amount of swimming out - cannot remember exactly, but the best of it is not just off a few yeards off shore. It is not really a good place in my opinion for snorkel beginners or people not fairly comfortable in open water. Back toward town, along seven mile beach where amenities are available, there is Governor's beach - called that (obviously) because it is in front of Governor's house. Governor's often is considered best snorkel spot right along the built-up area of seven mile. (I digress: the Westin people have absolutely no right to interfere with you being on beach next to Governor's - obviously they can keep you off their chairs unless you pay what they want - which will be ridiculoua - beaches are public - but the Westin often tries to run off the riff-raff (like me) who set up close to "their beach" next to Governors. OK - I start ranting because there was an incident in which I annoyed a Westin employee who tried to order me off where I was and then I annoyed her even worse because a Westin guest spoke up for me and told her that I was his guest - that really annoyed her. Back to the subject at hand....) Eden Rock has snorkeling as good in my opinion as cemetery and there is a very small area of sand which can be too crowded for much relaxation - entry into the water is by steps or you can go away from town just a bit away to places where entry can be by ladder. There is decent restaurant right at Eden Rock and you are just steps away from downtown there.

Many people, and especially teenagers, often enjoy the standard tour of sting ray point, Hell, the Turtle Farm, and seven mile. In our experience, it is very easy to get private (non-ship) excursions for whatever you want to do. Ebanks is the big name for anything water related, but there are others. It usually is very easy to just wait until you are off ship in Grand Cayman and negotiate for what you want at pier - but you may want to lock something in if waiting until you are there would make folks too anxious. Particularly if there are not a lot of ships with lots of pax on your day there, there will be a LOT of folks offering all kinds of tours.