We're not sure how much time we're going to have onboard Tortuga when she arrives in March and because it may be short (3-5 days), we're toying with using that time to check out St John and we have a ton of questions. I'm sure there will be more but let's start with these.

To premise, we'll be leaving out of Road Reef Marina(near Road Town) and we're won't be sure of "when" until we get there. We will literally be setting the itinerary as we get on the boat because we won't know when she'll be ready or how much time we'll have until she's been outfitted. Because of that it will just be the Capt(wife) and me onboard a 46' sailing cat.
1) If we check out of West End/Sopers Hole, what is the trip like from SH to Red Hook and from Red Hook to Cruz Bay? One of my concerns is that it will be mostly motoring and we won't get the time we want to shake out the sails.(The Capt now says Cruz Bay customs may be open now?)
2) are there any suggestions for stops that in 2-3 nights could give us a good feel for the island? I'm certain that we'll want 1 "quiet" night to appreciate the beauty on board and 1 night to check out dinner ashore etc. If we're lucky enough to have a 3rd night we'd probably go ashore.
3) is it true we wont' have to check out of St John? All we'd have to do is check back in West End or Jost?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Dave and Wendy (Tortuga)

S/V Tortuga
Lagoon 46
[Linked Image]