Our first time experience was at the former Desert Shadows, (now Desert Sun Resort) in Palm Springs, CA.

I purposely chose an upscale type of resort for our first time, as many of the locations nearer to us were more rustic, and I knew my wife wouldn't love that part of it. I also chose Desert Shadows because of their nude requirement around the pool. I didn't want my wife to feel out of place sitting there among other women that chose not to disrobe at all, or among a bunch of men whom were nude and some women that chose not to be fully nude. My rationale was that we would be all in this together, nobody would be different in terms of clothing. She wouldn't have to feel like others around her were being more modest than she was.

It went very well. Almost 20 yrs. later and Desert Sun is still our most favorite resort, and we've tried 5 or 6 others. Some had a CO rule, and we find ourselves more comfortable with everyone nude at least around the pool. For other activities and meals, dressing is fine with us. We don't hate CO, we just prefer nude.

To be clear, Desert Sun is CO anywhere on the resort, but complete nudity is required in the pool, in the jacuzzi and on the pool decks.

You might look into trying somewhere that has other types of accommodation in the immediate area should the experience not be to your liking. It would be no fun to pay the rates for a nude resort and determine that you want nothing to do with it but have no other options to move to, especially in another country.