As it has been asked and discussed previously, I decided to somewhat check out the restroom situation on Mullet Bay today.

Rosie's is now charging $20 for a set of chairs but if you are a repeat customer and talk to Chester, you might get a little break. Loungers were close but not as close as in Nov. They have your standard Port-o-john that was not bad and did have toilet paper and hand sanitizer and there was no charge to use it. Food was like always and the beach was only moderately busy.

Daleo's/SXM Fun Chairs or whatever the name is, charges $20 per set and they were not as close together. The bar area is totally upgraded from what it was in Nov. This is where the new restrooms/changing rooms/showers are located. Is it $2 per use or $6 PER PERSON for a day pass and this includes a 1 min. shower. You are issued a wrist band so unless you swap it from person to person, you will be paying this charge PER PERSON. I did not use them but the guy I talked to was very nice and said anything that uses the water they have to haul in incurs these charges.

Neither place was very busy as there was only 1 ship in today and it was overcast with scattered showers. Oh, and Mullet Bay was not friendly today as there were surfers and 10'-12' waves were constant. Almost nobody in the water.

We ran into some long time friends, the Armstrong's and enjoyed talking to them on the beach. We then had lunch at Rosie's and spent a little more time on the beach.

I had also communicated with SammyM from TTOL and we were able to meet up at Rosie's. We had an enjoyable conversation and I also met his wife. He had been staying on the French side and experienced some of the water issues but was now staying at the apartments, Commodore Suites, above Market Garden. I asked him to do a post about the apartments as they are sometime asked about on TTOL. He and his wife said they were decent so I look forward to his report of staying there.

It is always nice to meet people in person who are on TTOL.

J.D.