When I first posted this thread, I did not mention Boaty Ball at all!

Originally Posted by Deepcut
10 "New" Moor-Secure balls are being installed at southern end of Manchioneel Bay. The Leonard family has the seabed leases and has allowed these balls to fall into disrepair and "disappear" over the past several years. Recently there has only been 2 of their 10 balls available for use. So although these are not new leases, they will increase the available balls at Cooper.

It is my hope that there will eventually be more balls added at Cooper and other bays to match the demand of the charter boats in the BVI.

How did it evolved to a "Boaty Ball Bashing"?
Perhaps the owner of ball access to collecting through Boaty Ball "automation" was stimulus? Perhaps not. I don't know.
BUT I thought all would admit that more balls available at Cooper would be a PLUS. And the Boaty Ball Bashers seem to support the theory that Boaty Ball was stimulus to ADDING available balls at Cooper.

But the Vocal Minority (AKA Boaty Ball Bashers) took the thread over to bash BB. And when I say MINORITY, I say that because based on the BB Sales, it seems there are many more who like BB than the Vocal Minority.

It does appear to be here as there are a sufficient number of boaters who like and use Boaty Ball. AND the owners of the balls appear to embrace the concept.

Personally, I like many aspects of Boaty Ball. AND there are some aspects of Boaty Ball that I don't particularly like.

It is not the Holy Grail.
Nor is it The Devil.

Can we at least not turn every other thread into a Boaty Ball Bashing? (I doubt it but thought I would at least ask).