Sorry. After reading some of these posts I’m finding many so selfish and having no clue what is going on in the world. I’m sick that there was a couple in their 80’s at our property that we suggested they ride out this there as they were staying until mid April and worried more about them
Getting sick in the airports and planes! If you don’t own your property - GET HOME. And even if you do own and can get home I suggest it. The medical is not set up for this on the island. If there is a shortage of ventilators in the US what do you think the island hospitals have. French side is basically closed and pretty sure the Dutch side is headed that way if not there already. I flew Monday. I would not want my parents to have been in that chaos. At one point two men were about the”drop the gloves” and fight it out because temps were high. The airport doesn’t “think”. Check in desks should be open - not just 3 hours before the next flight. Again - my suggestion is just get home any way you can and worry about the costs after. This is a prime reason why you should
Travel with travel insurance! Ok rant over.