Kimber said:
Pvgreg said:
Kimber said:
Can nonmembers of your sailing club just show up and rent a 40+ cat? If so, how much would that cost for a day?

Yes, typically they would be a member of another sailing club but not always, they make advance reservations and they can show proper certification and demonstrate their experience on a checkout sail. A Belize 43 charters for $599 a day plus ins and fuel.

Excuse my ignorance but what does it cost to be in a sailing club in your area and how much is insurance typically for a Belize? I don't think there are enough boats and interested non boat owners to create a club with multi hundred thousand vessels with such a small population. I was in flying club in the states so I am familiar with the business model.

The insurance and fuel are about 10% total and the monthly dues are $30. They are an ASA school also, plus they do day boat group trips, night sails, flotillas all around the world and local races. It is definitely not a Yacht Club. Each marina has anywhere from about 10 to 30 boats, power, mono and cats.