Moorings is currently doing the same thing...it will be interesting if it changes to refunds. They refunded 3 trips outright for the hurricane and we were back out the 1st week they allowed boats out.

I have a beach house in NC that I rent for 1.5 months in late June/July and the management company has been wrestling with this issue of refunds because of "loss of access" as opposed to "loss of the product" due to hurricane by example since the Outer Banks are closed to visitors. From the management/charter companies perspective obviously credits are better since they already paid some of the cash out to the owners and like a lot of businesses dont have a large cash reserve and now need to go back and collect it from owners.

They just sent a legal opinion last night that "loss of access" should require a refund and that owners should have cash ready (they advance out 50% of rentals on Jan 1) . Obviously it goes without saying regardless of whatever they decide if you cant get to my beach house then you are getting a refund period, but this is an interesting question.

I wonder if the charter companies business interruption insurance covers something like this?