Originally Posted by pat
I had this discussion with JB once already but I guess I’ll give it another try. When we had our marathon discussions I cited DOT rules but to no avail. They wouldn’t budge. Wonder if this will make any difference. Probably not but the price of two tickets is more beneficial in my hands than in their travel bank.

So I called JB, AGAIN tonight, and was lucky enough to speak to a sympathetic CSR (after 45 minutes on hold) who listened to my tale of woe. At first she wasn’t too inclined to try to help but when I read her the excerpt from the DOT item that ruralcarrier was kind enough to supply, she put me on hold to speak with a supervisor and look at all the notes in my file, and eventually she came back on the line and said it was all taken care of and I would be getting the refund in full for both tickets along with an extension on the expiration date of the money from our travel banks.

I will always maintain it pays to keep your cool and be nice to these people even if sometimes you feel like choking them. You catch more flies with honey.......... and all that good stuff.

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."