Originally Posted by sxmmartini
To end the Lockdown the SXM Government rather than starving their people should have everybody wear a mask, everybody take zinc + vitamin D (sunlight), have hydroxychloroquine readily available and start testing asymptomatic people to find the carriers...

Another uncalled for and unsubstantiated post that is nothing but conjecture on your part and has NO FACTS behind it. Nobody has starved yet to my knowledge and I am sure there are outlets for those in need on SXM, just like there is here. Groceries are supposed to be open for "emergencies". I would think being without food for a few days might be classified as an "emergency". And, the residents have been given ample warning this might be coming. You really need to tone down your rhetoric on some of this stuff.

I also took a good and long look at SMN News facebook page over the weekend. The "reporter" even admits to NOT having press credentials. From what I could surmise, it is mostly radical opinion by one person and most of it NOT backed up by any FACTS whatsoever. If you want to use that as your "news" source, that is up to you but there are a lot better sources out there that actually post FACTS and not opinion.

As Elaine stated, the "lockdown" is due to people not obeying the orders and continuing to party. I am going to post a link below, it is NOT SXM but Cincinnati OH over the past weekend and maybe you will understand WHY some extreme measures are being taken.

MAN ARRESTED CINCINNATI OH

YouTube video of the same "event". WARNING VULGAR LANGUAGE

CORONA VIRUS PARTY VIDEO

J.D.