This thread's getting a bit unwieldy too navigate but I'll add my 2 cents. This topic of charter trip cancellation has been discussed here and on other forums that I follow. I'm posting as this may be helpful to others.

We also have a charter trip planned in late June - but not to the BVIs - I'm posting here because the BVI forum is charter oriented. Our charter is with one of the largest international management firms. We were fortunate in that the firm modified their cancellation policy a bit for us with some significant urging and special arrangement by me - they've allowed us to defer our full payment to 30 days out. Alteratively, we can cancel at that time with a relatively modest fee. I was happy with that alteration and feel that its reasonable.

Of course, the stated alternative - available to us and everyone - is to simply reschedule later in 2020 or hold a future credit. Unfortunately we can't reschedule (coordinating a few families) and I'm unwilling just to bank a credit as I'm not a lender and that's what banking a credit effectively means - nothing more or less. Its a horrible alternative.

What I find interesting - for whomever is interested - is that the daily rate that we originally booked our trip at - has fallen since our original booking - that's not that surprising really. I think that's relevant and others who are in similar situations might want to investigate that as well. I've not brought this up with the charter firm. Frankly, other than this quick look, I think its somewhat irrelevant as I think its highly unlikely we'll be taking our trip given virus closures, etc. In our case, we had also intended to visit several countries as a part of this itinerary which is also a complicating factor.

Hope my thoughts are helpful to others with trips scheduled in the June/July timeframe.