Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
Wilson--I'm thinking, what percentage of the ships worldwide are technically owned by Carnival? My thinking is that it is the majority, but I could be wrong. And to call this problem a problem with Carnival ships is way too simplistic.

I just going to talk about the big 3 cruise lines here. Carnival Corp. has 104 ships under the following brands: Aida Cruises, Carnival Cruise Line, Costa Cruises, P&O Cruises Australia, Cunard, Princess Cruises, Holland America Line, and Seabourn. Royal Caribbean has 61 Ships under the following brands: Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises, Azamara, Tui Cruises, Silver Sea, and Pullmantur. Norwergian Cruise Line Holdings has 28 ships under the following brands: Norwegian Cruise Line, Oceania Cruises, and Regent Seven Sea Cruises. For the big 3, Carnival has 53.9% of the ships, Royal Caribbean 31.6%, and Norwegian 14.5%.

As far as confirmed cases of covid-19 by Company. Carnival had 1,922 cases among its various ships with most of the cases coming from 2 Princess ships. Royal Caribbean had 575 cases and Norwegian had 11 cases. Princess Cruises is the only cruise line to have a vessel that has failed their previous Vessel Sanitation Program inspection. These inspections are unannounced and each ship is subject to two inspections a year when they dock in U.S. ports. Each inspection last 8-10 hours.

Last edited by wilsonck; 05/06/2020 11:11 AM.