I have been pondering a possible trip for late fall/early winter and living where I live, the options are AA or Delta. I go by price and schedule and determine who to use based on that. It is possible to drive 90 min. to 2+ hours to other airports but parking typically eats up any savings since I can get by without leaving a car in DAY. Throw in a hotel on either or both ends of a trip and it usually costs more.

I have been watching fares on Delta (AA has a crappy schedule) for a month or so and have seen a $50-$100 variation per ticket over that time. Usually higher on the weekend, then it drops back, they play the game of "only 4 seats available at this price", etc. When I checked very early (5:15am) this morning, the fare had dropped from the previous day so I decided I would book when I got back from running my dog. 45 minutes (6:00am) later I log into my Delta account and see a fare $50 per ticket higher. This was using Chrome. I was rather shocked and decided to go back and check using Edge and not log in. Edge is where I saw the better price just 45 minutes prior.

Once I got on Edge, the Delta site showed the lower price and tickets available. I started the purchase process but did not log into my account until it got to the point of actually paying. The price stayed the same and I completed the purchase at the lower price.

Now, I have both Chrome and Edge open and I am NOW seeing a $91 per ticket difference. Same flights, same dates, only difference is the web browser I am using.

I know all about clearing cookies, history, etc. but I have never experienced a price difference of any product dependent on the chosen web browser. It might pay others to check pricing using different web browsers when booking for SXM or other trips.

On another note, for this itinerary, Delta is $70 more per ticket (round trip) for Main cabin fare (assigned seating) versus Basic fare. Didn't this difference used to be something like $20 or so per ticket? I don't ever recall seeing a spread like this between Basic and Main cabin fares.

To add a little more confusion to this, I called Delta, had the 2 hour wait for a call back and got a very nice agent who did call back. I asked her about this, she pulled the flights up and saw even a different price than what I was seeing. Not sure if they are in the process of changing fares, there is a major glitch in their pricing or what but it would make no sense the agent would not see one of the fares I was seeing. The fare she quoted me was $593/Basic and $663/Main.

Attached Files 2020-05-06.png

J.D.