Originally Posted by kccouple
I don't think anyone believes a vaccine is a cure all, but if you have a better solution I am sure the Medical Community would love to hear it.I think most sane people believe vaccines for polio, measles, mumps are the best that we will have for a long time. Nothing is 100%, but to cast doubt on a vaccine as an answer to medical diseases is a disservice to science and medicine.

Perhaps you should have read my post a little closer. I mentioned VARIOUS FLU VACCINES, I never mentioned anything about polio, measles or mumps. As sxmParrotfish mentioned, the yearly influenza vaccine is a crap shoot as it depends on the strain of flu for that season and the right matching vaccine.

BTW, there are parents out there who refuse to vaccinate kids today for either personal or religious reasons.

The initial shingles vaccine was very ineffective, hence the reason for version two. I know multiple people who have had medically diagnosed shingles (some more than once) after taking the initial vaccine, my wife happens to be one of them.

Not really sure or what your "sane people" comment is about. Opinions vary, even within the medical and science field.

J.D.