Winterstale - Capt Jay had a very nice write up of places to consider in the BVI forum under a thread of "St John". Assuming the link works here it is:
http://www.traveltalkonline.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/226625/st-john.html#Post226625

St John is the place to be assuming you enjoy peace and quite. Jay's description is very nice. In short - you will find some beautiful anchorages. You will not find a beach bar in every bay. I like it a lot but also can see if you are seeking those beach bars you may be disappointed.

There are several options for provisioning. Moe's sits on the bay front about 300 yards from CYOA. We have taken the dingy down there and tied up right across the street from Moe's. But last time we tried this someone had removed all of the cleats to tie up to, i.e., we could find nothing but smooth concrete and nothing to tie to. So we returned with the dingy and grabbed one of the carts from CYOA and went shopping with it. It's not a bad walk. Moe's is pretty compact but will have nearly everything you need. It is, however, a little bit pricey. Another choice is Pueblo which is about a quarter mile walk from CYOA. I've walked up there and taken a taxi back with the provisions. Pueblo is cheaper but more of a warehouse experience. Think Hilton vs. Motel 6 and you sort of get the picture. The other options for provisioning require a car ride. We very often rent a car from Avis and return it to the seaplane base next door to CYOA. I'm not sure if that rental counter is open right now so you would need to check. Or you can rent from one of the other CYOA recommended agencies who will pick the car back up from CYOA. I have not tried that yet but probably will in June. The cars we rent typically run somewhere around 90 bucks for a day by the time you add some insurance coverage. The taxi ride from STT to CYOA will be about $12/piece so you can quickly offset the rental car fee if you then use the car to go shopping. I typically go to Plaza Extra which probably takes fifteen minutes to get to. It's more like a "normal" grocery store and I find prices there are for the most part (there are some things that are stupid expensive... do without) around 20% higher than I pay here at home in NC. So not really too bad.

You will enjoy the convenience of being on your boat after a ten or fifteen minute ride from the airport. Enjoy!

Life's short - sail more!