Actually, there are 4 C/O beaches on Maui. Have been to three of them. None are strictly legal (Hawaii state Lewdness code) but enforcement is almost non-existent unless a homeowner or a very persistent tourist files a complaint(s). Only one of the locations has homes overlooking the beach but it is also probably the nicest beach. Little Beach, Po'olenaolena both south of Wailea. Baldwin beach park near Piai (just east of park and not a bad walk), and another hard to get to past Hana.
I consider the walk to Little Beach (there is now a charge for parking in the Big Beach lot) a bit of a slog thru coarse loose sand with the climb up the cinder cone a tad challenging, climb down more so. Most days a good turnout tho. Surf can be tough at times.
NO services, porta-potty at start of trail from parking lot to Big Beach.
I prefer north Po'olenaolena, beautiful gentle sloping beach, waves not as rough generally tho bad at times and occasional undertow. Fairly easy walk over the hill, one short spot exposed to lava rocks and surf below, easy walk on sand to north end.
Not as much use as Little tho there are rumblings that the authorities may turn Little into a preserve and keep folks out - not sure. Generally a very nice mixed crowd from families, singles, younger to older. Again, no services. PP in parking lot.
Baldwin is nice and easy to walk to, surf is held down a bit by a reef a short ways out, tho can get quite windy. Steeper than Little and Po'o.
I do like the ocean water better, seems more refreshing. If you go from Jan - Mar you can see whales broaching, etc.
Hope this helps
Be well and travel safely.