In absolute honesty, while we typically enjoy a day or two at Ans Marcel, a day or two at Friars and perhaps a day in one of many Grande Case locales, that’s only 3 to 5 days at best out of our two weeks plus, and if those days couldn’t happen, this wouldn’t be the end of my world.

I’ve always preferred the Dutch side and staying on a beachfront property makes this even more so the case. On our last trip we decided we could stay at BSV the whole trip and if it weren’t for seeing island friends and dining out, we could be perfectly content there without ever leaving. Between the units being ocean-front with a lovely pool and pool-deck for sun bathing, and the addition of the restaurant and bar at El Zafiro right next door, we could do our entire trip there without leaving much.

As far as SXM being almost the same as any other Caribbean island, having stayed on a whole bunch of them, I personally think that’s a misstatement but that’s my opinion and having been there a few times, the allure of Hawaii is destroyed for me by the reality of the ten hour flight each way.

Keeping my fingers crossed for November but in the end, what will be will be........

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."