This is a news article in full, is exactly as I copied it and was not modified. I made the comment afterwards from 50 years in and around Caribbean aviation.

In LIAT specifically I was a pilot there for 16 years, and served on the executive of the Pilots Association as Secretary for 8 years. The mismanagement and waste by Board and management was nothing less than criminal, and the shareholder Chairman PM Ralph Gonsalves was the person most responsible for ensuring that LIAT was managed by appointees who did not have the qualifications, knowledge or experience to perform their functions.

The current CEO was previously a book keeper for a government-hotel in Barbados (Almond Resorts) and "persuaded" her friend - the now former Chairman of LIAT's Board - to make her the CFO. She has ZERO aviation qualifications, knowledge or experience to perform either role, as evidenced by LIAT's continued losses over the couple of years while she was in office, and I was told that (in an interview with another potential employer before she was appointed to LIAT) that she could not satisfy him that she even qualified for the accounting qualifications she presented.