Wendell, I hate to guess what my Dad would think of the current times and the behaviors of some members of our current generations.

My Dad came to the States a couple of years prior to our involvement in WWII because of economic hardships at home. He obtained all his papers and was legally employed here when "Uncle" tapped him on the shoulder and suggested, "You can stay son, but I've got a job and a gun for you - or - you can go home. - your call."

Needless to say, he stayed and became a part of that GREATEST GENERATION. He didn't look back or think twice about it - he stayed, he joined and he fought so that I and my siblings could enjoy the privileges we know today.

I know for a fact his sense of patriotism would be aghast at what is happening in our country today. He was alive long enough to see the flag he fought for legally desecrated and too many of the young people around him having no concept of what a great country we live in or what these symbols meant to those who fought and died for them. It's so sad to speak to some of our 'naturalized' friends and hear them speak against the backdrop of what we see on TV and in our newspapers and magazines as they have so much more respect for what a great land we live in. Before his passing we talked often about the lesser of his war experiences and remembering some of his words, it breaks my heart to see the lack of respect and love too many show for our country and all her peoples.

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."