Originally Posted by Jeff_C
My wife and I have tickets to go to SXM on Nov 28 . We are flying with United out of Newark . Just checked on United web site to see when they think they will be flying .
Did not get any flights that came up until Nov .22 Has anyone heard for sure when United thinks they will be flying to SXM again ? Jeff

Jeff my husband and I are also flying EWR to SXM on United (11 am departure) on Nov 28....or so we hope. We are booked on the WindSurf cruise home based in SXM and starting its Caribbean season on the 29th....or so they and we hope. Its a small ship and first sailing since March so should be CLEAN. This cruise was in lieu or a September MED cruise.

Actually, we also have two weeks booked at the Villas at Simpson Bay Sept 26 - Oct 10 (for a milestone birthday). We went there September last year (our first September visit vs usual November or late spring) and it was pretty great! I realize September is always risky....and 2020 is much more risky for serious reasons so am fairly certain that trip wont happen. The key is flexibility to cancel within Interval International or with airlines. We have not bought any air yet for 9/26. Looking at a J B option to buy by 7/31 and have flex to cancel for future credit right until last minute to assess (weather) and the important health status. We HAD been more optimistic a few weeks ago when we booked the accommodations as our Mid Atlantic area came out of the worse and the future outlook was looking favorable...but now everything has turned upside down with the terrible situations in “39 of 50” states (as per a news report last night. Hopeful the health situation improves for all..... travel can follow after that.