Booked some timeshare related somewhat flexible lodging at SBBR for late sept and early October but did not book flights because I am pretty sure it wont happen and could use miles to grab late air depending on pricing. My area is not a hot spot now..... When we went same time last fall (never had traveled that early in fall for obvious reasons) we lucked out with weather and the minimal “crowds” and numerous outdoor dining spots all work In this situation.

More importantly, we booked Windstar’s Wind Surf ship first sailing of the season from SXM for 13 days Nov 28-Dec 12 and I did book UAL for that from EWR with option to cancel for future air credit. I am also backing that up with timeshare (and II’s E-plus 3 retrades option to extend beyond) in case the cruise is cancelled .... I’d use the air tix to enjoy a land stay instead. So much uncertainty but I pay attention to flexible change and cancellation options air and lodgings are offering. Thought a non-stop vs a connection in MIA etc would be less risky. Biggest challenge with flight date is Thanksgiving holiday falls in the 72 hour window -yikes. .