Originally Posted by EdB
I am afraid the ''welcome mat" has still been removed to American tourists. So many of us here call SXM our second home, or our favorite place to visit in the world, BUT...at this time the SXM government does not really want us, or our dollars on the island yet. I do applaud their trying to keep their people safe from the virus, and as long as the US numbers still continue to rise, I can see their fear in us being a factor in bringing in the virus...test or not. I keep looking at flights for March, but still will not be surprised if this upcoming trip does not happen. The government there, including the French side, are protecting their people's health, and putting that in front of their economy. Maybe (without getting political), this may have been the way for the world to have gone. Praying everyday, that the miracle vaccine (proven to work), will appear soon, and we will be able to put this entire Covid thing behind us, and hopefully then we can have some sort of a ''normal'' life again, both here and in SXM. Please, stay safe everyone.

And I for one, hope to be able to get that vaccine so I can see my favorite island again.