salica said:
Did you wear shoes on the boat itself or go barefooted, as I have heard that is acceptable? Were you troubled at all with mozzies or flying insects? Did you need insect repellent? Not read anything about that at all. How much storage did you have on the boat?

salica,

Sounds like the tour company you have is on the ball.

Very few had their own wet suits...just our family and that is because we are wimps! Whether it is worth it to you to buy your own just for this trip will be up to you.

I wore flip flops or Sperrys on the ship. I recommend doing so. The only place they require shoes is in the dining room. (Yes, they will run you off in a nice way if you show up for a meal barefoot.)

No problem with insects. We brought spray, but never used it. Bring some just in case.

Plenty of closet space and under the bunk storage.

BTW, their internet access speed was just OK. Good enough to get emails and such and a little bit pricey. It is by the minute, not the amount of data. Make sure you remember to login, download your email and log off. Draft your emails and email responses offline, then log back on to send and log off when they are done! Those minutes go by fast.

Have a great time!

It must be time to race again. My wounds have started to heal.