As far as the re-testing in a week, IF that were to happen, I think it would have the effect of making people shorten their stay. And if there is a re-test, do you have to quarantine yourself until the results are known? I assume so. Let's say that takes overnight. If it were ME and I was scheduled to stay for 10-11 days, I might well reduce my stay to 7 or 8 days, the longest I could go without re-testing, so I don't have to pay for the re-test and the hotel, etc., only to be cooped up in the room for day that I paid for and basically couldn't use.. And let's just say you were supposed to re-test and you don't? What happens? Do they send the Gestapo to round you up to take you to be tested? I get the impression this re-test thing is what they are talking about, to try to get the border re-opened?

As far as your question, boucharda, official policy is that you have to have a negative test to get on the plane, yes. Official policy is also that it has to be a PCR test, taken AND results received, within 72 hours. We know that they are not strictly enforcing the latter. As to strict enforcement of the former, who knows??????????

Carol Hill