There was an article on CNN about the risk of flying, I believe DanS and foreversxm posted the link. It is very informative. Some airlines post information on flights that were impacted by covid, but they seem to be Canadian based airlines such as WestJet. WestJet has posted a spreadsheet on their website of flights impacted in order to be transparent and ask passengers on the affected flights to monitor their health for 14 days after the flight. It would be interesting if someone from an American based airline chimes in regarding covid exposure and flying.

I believe the odds of contracting covid on an airplane are slim based on what I have personally experienced due to number of passengers flying, cleaning protocols and safety measures of the airlines, but in reality we need to determine our individual comfort level and risk prior to taking the leap. FWIW I have flown on 8 flights since March 16 - to and from SXM, Canada and the US. I plan on returning to SXM prior the the end of the year if I can obtain the necessary test prior to departing.

Last edited by d_fish; 09/14/2020 10:32 PM.