Due to becoming aware of the pledge to enforce the recently reimposed executive orders of the governors of NY, NJ and CT last evening, we were convinced our November trip to the island would go the way of our April 2020 trip and went to bed with that thought in mind and a heavy heart because of it.

This morning I awoke with a more positive attitude and decided to give things one more try and in contacting AA via the telephone, I had the opportunity to deal with an amazing American Airlines CSR named Rene. She was wonderfully helpful and before I knew what happened, she was able to sort it all out and find us alternate flights and dates to come into Hartford instead in NY. She was also able to locate better FF tix than I had originally booked and in the end, she actually saved us money and miles. And the best part, she was delightful and actually acted like she wanted to make things work for us. I almost always have good luck with AA but this time I was amazed by the airlines approach to working things out. joy joy

JB was okay on the cancellation/refund end but I have to say, they didn’t come close to the caring approach of AA and the woman who helped me. One more reason why I love AA and will book them as my first choice whenever possible.

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."