Originally Posted by beeradley
Hello. I was wondering if I could get some opinions on where we can anchor or moor overnight after spending the day at the Baths, I'm well of all the spots in North Sound, however we have to be back at Scrub 9:30am the next day and that makes it a very early mooring if we go all the way to North Sound. We need to be some where along the west side of the island to make the straight shot to Scrub the next morning. We know about St. Thomas Bay, but quite frankly it doesn't look very appealing, not to mention the ferry traffic. Has anyone stayed overnight in Little Dix or Savannah Bay? They look gorgeous but the little info I find on anchoring there isn't very detailed. Any help would be awesome!

P.S. Estimated time of an average sail from the west side of VG to Scrub?

Also, Savanah Bay is absolutely beautiful and you won't regret spending the night there. Again, just be aware if there is swell you are going to want to be flexible and choose a different option. For entrance through the reef into Savanah Bay, stick to the right side.

As for your estimated time of an average sail from west side VG to Scrub, obviously it depends on the boat and wind. I'd plan for 2 hours to be safe, but it won't take that long

Attached Files Screen Shot 2020-10-07 at 10.21.19 AM.png