Originally Posted by JasonHelmbrecht
Originally Posted by GeorgeC1
I have chartered with most companies in the BVI. I can’t think of a single time I did not need maintenance issues addressed prior to leaving the dock. As far as having provisions delivered it would have to be done before boarding and we always find things we need that we or the provisioning company forgot. On top of that we need diving gear and water toys delivered and returned to the boat. My last two trips we had dive gear issues we had to resolve in person. How will chase calls be handled? It’s just not workable.
G

I would think a chase call could be handled like any other service interaction we are already managing here. The charterers and technician would all have to mask up while the call takes place and if possible maintain social distance. Not really much different than my normal visits to a hardware store. Nobody except maybe the captain should need to interact with the tech. I have maintenance crews working on my property over the last 2 months and they wear masks when they can't be 6 feet apart and I wear a mask if I need to interact with them. The BVI has been doing this for many months so I do think it could work.

All the grocery stores have been delivering to homes since our 24hr curfews started and have protocols in place. Same could work for water toy deliveries. Resolve any issues over the phone and they do another delivery to resolve.

That could work but you would not really be in quarantine. Just standard precautions.