SXM Day 6 – October 9, 2020

This morning’s walk took us to Maho again and we finally got to see a small airplane fly in over the beach and onto the runway.

We thought we’d shake things up a bit today and try a different beach. We took a short drive to Cupecoy and paid $5 to park in the lot. Set up our chairs next to the only accessible “cave”. There were two chairs set up there already, with someone’s towels, hat and stuff, but no people. We were on the beach for close to three hours and they never showed up. It reminds me of what people do on cruise ships. Ugh! Anyway, there were only six of us on the beach. I really love this beach for the scenery, but there was no breeze today and you can’t easily get in and out of the ocean. Thankfully it sprinkled on and off and we had fun feeding the birds little bits of our Pringle chips. We bought two ham sandwiches at Super U yesterday, and found that one was large enough to share. So we packed the second sandwich and enjoyed a nice lunch on the beach. We washed the sandwich down with SXM Beer and a Carib. Life is good.

We headed back to the villa and noticed that Sunset Beach bar was open this afternoon. We spent the afternoon soaking in the pool. The sun was very hot today and the pool water was quite warm. Tonight's sunset was another beautiful one.

At 6:30 we were meeting Kamal, Deepti and her daughter Reina for dinner at La Rosa Too. in all of our 30+ trips to the island, we've never dined there. While waiting outisde we noticed several cute kittens in front of the medical center. Then we noticed a cat on the roof of the building across the street. Cat on a Hot Tin Roof!

Our friends joined us a short while later. Marc and I both agree that Deepti’s daughter is an absolute doll. Like mother, like daughter. Deepti told us that she was shy, but that was not the case as she was smiling and dancing around, We were the only ones dining at the restaurant at 6:30, and the service was very attentive. It was nice getting to know Kamal a bit more. He’s truly a gentleman with a warm smile and a big heart. We enjoyed a nice bottle of French rose, several appetizers – salmon carpaccio, mushroom risotto and a spinach dip. All very good! Our dinners were excellent – chicken in a pepper sauce, chicken marsala and a seafood pasta dish. Reina dined on her own Salmon Carpaccio dish. Quite impressive for a young girl! Marc and I passed on dessert, but Deepti ordered a tiramisu to go. How that woman keeps her slender figure, I have no idea! Time went by so quickly and it was sad to see the evening come to an end.

On the way home, we drove by Hole in the Wall, where Bobby was performing to a crowd of about 2 people. I really wanted to stop by, but Marc said it was time to head home. Lights out at 10PM…

Jo-

A smile is a curve that sets everything straight.