As someone who has their April 2021 airfare via STT already booked and a credit with Sunsail in hand, I'll share my thoughts about committing to a BVI charter vs just spending the week based in the USVI and saving the Sunsail credit for a future date.

Any 'quarantine on the dock' is a non-starter.

I would go for Brent's scenario of 1st night sleep aboard followed by 2 days in the neutral zone. This is likely to be our itinerary in any case. The clarifications I would seek here are can I visit the beaches even if I can't sit in the restaurants? Could I order takeaway from Pirate's Bight? Cooper Island? I would think contactless takeout is a win win - the restaurants get the revenue and I don't have to cook and clean.

Testing on Day 4 - I'm ok with this as it's needed for us to transfer back through STT at the end of our trip anyway, but only if the process is easy and conveniently located.

Days 4-6 - split between North Sound and JVD, no restrictions on visiting shore establishments

Day 7 - return boat and transfer to STT

This all assumes good measures are in place for social distancing, mask wearing, etc, regardless of location or day of charter.

I haven't given up on our 2021 BVI trip yet as I have some time between now and April to see how things shake out.