All,
Much apologies for my last post to all involved. While I may have had a point it was not good to go after views. TTOL has gotten clubby/snippy over time but I was really pointed that day. Wrong maybe or maybe I hit home. Sorry either way.

2020 is a loser.

We were booked for New Years and approaching 30 days out we decided to cancel our lodging and get our frequent flyer points back.
We really want to go but we were staying on dutch side and hoping to go to Yellow umbrellas most days and with the Parisian control of the French side we did not want to end up in our swimsuits on Simpson Bay for 10 days.

The great hotel gave us a two nights deposit credit for two full years. We expected only one year. I suspect we will use that credit within 2 years. Kudos for them for making it December 2022. [censored] should be good by then. Pardon my French.

We really want to go but to arrive before New Years we have to test before Christmas and hope the labs work holidays. Half my brain says SXM should have bought more ventilators by now, the other half doesnt want to tax the island. We need to deal with this biology.

Going to an only Dutch side vacation would be OK, but we are French siders. They are suffering more than dutch. We will miss our Good Morning Cafe breakfasts. We will miss our Yacht Club Bloody Marys. We will miss parrotville and Bistrot Caraibes, Little Jerusalem, Yvettes, Le Moulin Fu, and many others.

10 people total at Club O is ideal on one hand and devastation on the other. Those owners need to rebuild or concede and settle or we will see the death of Club O.

Too much uncertainty right noe and while Inwant it to be OK, we've read reports of careful people medivac’d from SXM to ventilators in Florida.

Hopefully we can use our credit before it expires in December 2022. May that establishment survive this scourge.

Thanks TTOL for teaching us the island in depth.

For those still making the trek in Nov, Dec, Jan.: wash your hands and good luck.

Last edited by PelicanPirate; 11/14/2020 11:28 PM.