We were on the island from October 25th through November 13th. We typically go to a Grand Case lolo at least once or twice trip for lunch during our trip. Our first lolo visit was Sky's the Limit, and then we discovered Sky's the Limit 2 which is directly across the street from Captain Frenchy's in Grand Case. On St Maarten Day we visited Sky's the LImit 2 for lunch and ended up enjoying the day with the locals at Sky 2. The owner Jacqueline, brought in a DJ for the event and reggae was played with patrons dancing and having a good time. There are tables outfront under an awning cover, as well as
tables and a bar inside. We both had garlic shrimp served with a choice of salad. Everything was very fresh. Sky 2 is worth a visit.

Regarding Friar's Bay Beach Bar and Cafe; we spent four full days at FBBC on our trip. Laurent, the owner, advised that the cafe/bar is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays. Sundays is one of our favorite days to visit FBBC, as it usually fills with the local French and has a very jocular atmosphere.

There was quite a bit of heavy rain before and after our arrival. We were miserable with mosquito/sand flea bites for about a week. It seems I still have a flair up of old bites since our return home. Bring repellent and Benadryl gel. On another note, we felt the cost of services and goods in SXM to be higher than our last trip in 2018.

Obtaining our Covid requirements in time for for entry into SXM, was easy for my husband and a last minute nightmare for myself. My husband is a vet and received his test at a Veterans Medical Facility. His results were completed in a timely fashion. My test was sent to the wrong lab. I was able to contact the area Medical Director who arranged for the correct test and timely results from a local major hospital lab the day before our departure. My results were received about 2.5 hours before our flight out time. Stress was certainly rampant until I received via email, a certified copy of my negative results.

We thought Miami customs was somewhat disorganized and crowded. We did however, make our connecting flight to Phoenix, AZ where we spent the night at the Crowne Plaza before our final leg into Oregon.

PamJ