The North Sound of Virgin Gorda is wonderful and worth visiting. You can take a mooring ball at Leverick Bay or up towards where Saba Rock and the Bitter End are being rebuilt, or anchor in 20 feet just outside of the mooring field at Leverick or off Prickly Pear (even better holding and shallower water there). If there is a north swell predicted during your stay or if the Christmas winds set in with a vengeance then the North Sound is your only good bet in the BVI for a guaranteed calm anchorage.

Cane Garden Bay is a good anchorage, as mentioned above - except if a North Swell sets in. I like Jost van Dyke as well, either taking a mooring in Great Harbour or (even nicer) a mooring off Diamond Cay. Diamond Cay has my favorite bar in the BVI; it is only accessible via dinghy!

With a lengthy stay such as yours it is worthwhile sailing up to Anegada. When you leave Virgin Gorda you think you are heading out to sea until you are quite close to Anegada (I believe the highest point on the island is one resident's TV antenna). Sailing back isn't as thrilling as you can see Virgin Gorda peak from Anegeda.

If you post your preferences - long sails/short sails or motoring to get to destinations, mooring or anchoring, eating and drinking ashore or staying aboard in more-or-less empty anchorages, snorkeling or swimming? Hiking?

I would recommend at least one day in a car driving around Virgin Gorda - that lets you see the island and also choose from restaurants and bars that aren't close to dinghy docks.

[Linked Image]