Sunny morning - what’s new? Breakfast on our porch with the incredible Caribbean Sea at our footsteps. It just doesn’t get any better.

We had a huge debate as to where to go or what to do today and we ultimately decided to stay right here and enjoy our home for this trip. We went out to the pool for a while where we dodged a full three minute sprinkle of rain, until my tradesman husband announced it was lunchtime - his built-in alarm clock goes off for lunch right at noon - so we returned to our villa and dined on sandwiches and whatever else we could find to graze on. It is so nice to have the convenience of a full kitchen just footsteps away from both the pool and the ocean. It’s still hazy today and those near islands are becoming less distinct on the horizon.

We rested up from our exhausting morning - read some, napped some. This vacationing is tiring......

Four o’clock was cocktail hour and we enjoyed our PCs out on the deck. They were so good and I finally had all the trimmings - maraschino cherries, pineapple chunks and orange slices. They almost looked too pretty to drink but please note, I said ALMOST - so down them we did.

Caught up with some island friends and made dinner plans with them. The drunken ribs at The Palms were excellent and the company even better. Thank you for the suggestion and for joining us, Elaine and Bill. We asked around as to what the traffic congestion leading to the Simpson Bay area was all about but so far no one has had an answer. It took us a full forty minutes to get there from BSV - no congestion through Maho and none at all till we reached the end of the runway beyond the airport. Back to the villa with a piece of carrot cake to share. Am I the only person who’s never had it before? We will solve that problem shortly, I’m sure!

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."