I’m amazed every day at how the same things can look so different. Saba has been mostly here for our entire trip - some days vaguely but most days this trip brilliantly clear, so but for a half hour the other morning we couldn’t find it at all and then it was back again. And very late yesterday evening I could swear I saw the headlights on the occasional car out there. Is that even possible?

And then there were two....... For the entire trip so far there has been one huge and beautiful yacht anchored in the bay here but lo, as of this morning (maybe last night, too, and I just missed it.....) another yacht of about equal size and stature has arrived. I have no clue to whom they might belong but they both look gorgeous to me.

We lunched today on left-overs from Sublime last night - steak, cheese, bread and crackers and all yummy with a glass of vino to wash it down. God is good.

Funny day, today. Cloudy skies and beyond breezy. Not one person has been in the water along the beach here that I’ve seen. We haven’t been anywhere, done anything or seen anyone so far today and that’s been fine with us. I guess we just needed a day to unwind from all the unwinding we’ve been doing so far this trip.

Noticed as we drove through Mullet today we saw lots of golfers the first Sunday we were here and haven’t seen many at all since. Maybe they went to look for all the missing Maho Beach airplane watchers?

Dinner - back to the Spaghetti House - Katrina is a sweetheart, the food is simple but delicious and so very reasonable. J had lasagne and I had a fettuccini with porcini mushrooms. J had a dish of Rhum Raisin raisin ice cream and with two soft drinks our total check came to a whopping big Fifty dollars including a ten dollar tip. And we walked away stuffed and with reheats for lunch tomorrow!

St. Maarten is so full of so many surprises.

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."