Street art - it’s scattered all across the island and is so very beautiful. It seems like so many flat surfaces that are safely accessible have been adorned with unbelievably beautiful artwork. Who knew there was so much talent?! And the other really surprising thing from what we’ve seen is once it’s in place it’s allowed to stay in its beauty for all to enjoy. We haven’t seen any that’s been tagged by those who would otherwise mess it up as I’m afraid would most likely happen at home.

What a funny morning...... the surf is pounding right now and we actually have a sand cliff in front of our unit with a narrow walkway in the sand between our sand chairs and the cliff. I couldn’t swim in that water if I was of a mind to. Which I’m NOT. And as the day progressed, so did the waves although now it’s a combination of crashers and gentle ones with no rhyme or reason. We saw two swimmers here all day in the ocean and that’s as far up and down the beach as I can see. And the sun? It finally came out just in time for cocktails. Can’t speak for the rest of the island but it’s been really an untypical SXM weather day today. But I’m not complaining, for sure. But we still managed to enjoy some sun and pool time.

And now, at the end of the day, the sun has fully come out and it’s gorgeous - just in time to shower and think about dinner.

Drawing ever so close to the end of our trip and so many places unseen and things undone but it’s all been good.

Dinner tonight was at BarCode and it was ever so good, as was the company. Three of the four of us had a white bean soup and the last hold-out had a grilled mahi mahi filet - all of which were very good. They have just reopened from a long siege in which the owners became parents of triplets. So c’mon, peeps, they’re going to need all the support we can give them.

And I finally got my BBC! Yummy!

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."