Quite a few years ago I developed Shingles while on the island. Had open sores from my waist to my knee on my left side. At the time I had no idea what it was and I had no pain from it, so I did nothing at the time. After two days my wife bugged me enough about how awful it looked and about how no one wanted to be around me on the beach. She had the shingles a few years before and told me that is what it was. A day later I finally went into a pharmacy in Philipsburg along the waterfront and they looked at it and told me they couldn't give me anything for it without a prescription. They made an appointment for me immediately at a clinic a few blocks away. I went there and 10 minutes later a doctor saw me. I told him I hoped he didn't mind that I had no underwear on since it was uncomfortable to have it against me. He said he never wore underwear either and had no problem if I didn't. He looked and looked and told me he had no idea what it might be. My wife suggested it might be shingles since she had it in the recent past. Pulled it up on his computer and pronounced it shingles and there was nothing he could do for me. So...the doctor a few blocks from the water in Philipsburg you may want to avoid! Luckily we were on the island for 3 weeks and it was at the beginning of the trip that I got shingles. About 5 days after getting them they stopped oozing and dried up. Funny, but I never had any pain. Bothered my wife more than me. Ever since then we worry about where we would go if we had something serious. I now will visit with Dr. Deketh if needed. Thanks for the information.