I don’t really understand the need or logic of those cabanas at Karakters. Certainly a bit of an eye sore. From what I understand the land they are trying to buy already had a building permit from years so years ago plus probably some good old boy Dutch privilege going on $$$&. It has gone way down slow service and so so food for the money but So many issues there since the beginning. Lack of parking snd then recently they started having these rave crazy music kind of parties late at night. We just stayed next-door at Marys Boone for a week and if you’ll notice Marys Boon Beach Bar and restaurant has taken at least half of their business and now The Boon seems to be the “it” fun place to be and busy every day.. Mainly because they have good food at reasonable prices and really great service and they even give you a free Beach chair and umbrella. Plus on weekends I noticed they have these comfy chair cushions that they bring out for free also. Used to be a lot of beach bar options on the island but now it’s kind of lacking and we really enjoy Simpson Bay beach. Hopefully we will go back in April.