Well, we are in Canada, so we are not allowed back into country now without negative test, and also mandatory quarantine for 2 weeks. So lets say we look forward to a 2 week vacation. First of all that means 4 weeks, cause we have to quarantine and not able to work. Loss of income. Then add in the exchange from Canadian to U.S. dollars for most things in SXM. But for me, most of all is the possibility of contracting the virus and givng to someone else unknowingly. It has been proven that this can happen. Sitting next to someone in a plane, crowded airports, going to pubs, eateries in SXM, mingling, the chance is there. Do I think I will die from it? Personally NO,,,but we all know seniors, etc and I could not live with myself if I unknowingly spread to them
We can't ignore this,,,or should I say I cant. But the extra time off work for the working stiffs, plus all the testing, etc. as much I would LOVE to be in SXM this time of year, like every other year, it is just not doable, or in my opinion a safe thing to do. Fingers crossed for next year.

Randy and Meg Young