I think things have picked up since November, at least that is the on island/in area reports I am getting from people regularly sailing the area (a good friend runs a crewed cat charter our of STT) and on island. Honeymoon and Maho seem to be the big sticklers with moorings. Salt Pond and Lameshurs are a crap shoot. We don't like STT so I haven't asked for reports from areas there. We are heading down this Sunday, spending most of our time around STJ since Spanish Virgins are still a no-go and we are not St. Croix fans (to each their own I suppose). Had hoped to hit Lovango early in the trip but as it is pretty exposed,with the heavier winds and gusts forecasted, think we'll be skipping it.

JP - here is a good resource for moorings around STJ (National Park): https://www.nps.gov/viis/planyourvisit/virgin-islands-marine-visitor-use-information.htm You can see the location of each mooring.

If you are planning dinner in Cruz Bay make reservations EARLY. It is very busy on island. I made dinner reservations a month in advance for Morgan's Mango and got the last table for my preferred night outside on the porch on the rail. ZoZo's at Caneel takes reservations one month in advance.