Haven't been on Carnival because I've heard enough that I wouldn't necessarily pick them unless the itinerary was unique or the price too cheap to pass up and I'm cheap. I haven't found that occurrence triggering me to buy Carnival and I look all the time.

My first cruises were NCL cruises (Sunward II, Skyward, Starward and SS Norway).

After a break from cruising we went on the Caribbean Princess. Wow, what a change from anything in the old NCL world. Next cruise the next year was Norwegian Dawn. Not even close to Princess in cabin service, buffet food, dining room food, and everything about how the ship is run. The biggest thing I remember is all you can get to eat after 10pm is hamburgers and hot dogs in a little place that reminds me of long john silvers. Greasy!

Don't get me wrong. I love any cruise as long as I don't get sick. The water and sun are the same and the ports are the same.

I just think you can get better eberything for the same price.

So pick your ports and then shop around. Port Everglades is equal to Port of Miami if not better, right next to FLL airport.

PS. I avoided cruises for quite awhile because I didn't want a stuffy atmosphere. I think that atmosphere is gone. As long as your not wearing t-shirts and rags, most folks are there to kickback in shorts and flipflops on all these boats. Dress up night has become fun to us to go along with the food/effort the workers are putting in and we get good pictures.

Scheduled dining would never work for us. Both NCL and Princess have anytime. I have learned though that the best waiters are often in the scheduled dining rooms.