We arrived in St. Maarten yesterday. The day before our departure, we filled out the EHAS forms, and a few hours later got this notice from the St. Maarten government by email: "Your EHAS application has been denied due to: Written or typed statement from a doctor or clinic is not accepted, only the original lab test result." In fact we had attached official lab results from the Department of Health of our state, on Department of Health letterhead, declaring our names, date of birth, date of test, the fact that it was a PCR test, and our negative results.

I called St. Maarten -- the phone number posted on this web forum; thanks for that! -- and reached a gentleman who said he would look into it and call back within an hour. He didn't call back.

I waited on hold three times for our state's Department of Health -- once I was disconnected after a 20 minute wait -- and after about 45 minutes was connected with a human being, who looked into our problem and emailed us another form -- one that looked more like a lab report. This second version of our lab results was used for new EHAS applications, which were approved a few hours later. Nerve-wracking, but it worked.

The St. Maarten government is not well served by its decision to reject lab reports from the Department of Health of a U.S. state government. I know for a fact that the form of report rejected by St. Maarten was acceptable to two other governments as proof of negative Covid results for purposes of travel to these other (less fussy) countries.

The attachment shows the lab report that was rejected.

Attached Files Covid test report - with blackouts.jpg
Last edited by AUCspouse; 03/10/2021 10:18 AM.