A friend of mine and a long time co-worker waited and waited to seek getting the vaccine, despite my constant prodding him. I told him this is a terrible virus, and you simply can't take chances by hoping you're not going to get it. Finally, I gave up and said to him "it's your health, not mine." Today, as I write this, he is struggling in the COVID unit at one of our local hospitals after coming down with COVID-19 disease about a week ago. Dangerously low blood oxygen levels that despite maximum supplemental oxygen just don't seem to be helping him that much. No visitors except his brother, and even then only because his brother is fully vaccinated and still is required to wear the full bio hazard clothing and shields when he does visit him. He told me yesterday while having difficulty speaking and breathing at the same time over the phone that "if he survives this, he will never, ever take another chance like this with his health." Just hoping and praying this isn't too late for him.