SXMScubaman's posts from years ago convinced us to try Hertz versus a history of using a local supplier who picked you up at the airport. 16-18 trips later, we still have yet to find someone cheaper than Hertz. I got quotes for three cars this trip for our next family trip from HertzSXM, Kenny's, Exclusive, and Sax, for rental periods of 10, 14, and 29 days. After including liability insurance, taxes, and fees, Hertz was lowest by 18%, 32% and 8% for the three vehicles in total.

Personally, I don't see how anyone can rave about other rental companies' rates if they are including liability insurance, let alone a few companies who persist in quoting low rates and then add obscene "taxes and fees" at the end that are simply "mis-truths". As many have said before here, the only way to quote rental cars is one ALL-IN quote including Liability Insurance.

My assumption when someone raves about getting great rates from one supplier versus Hertz, is that they do not get liability insurance, or they don't ask for it as part of their quote and just assume the post-rental invoice add-ons are what they are.

[Linked Image]